2 found dead in La. home flooded by Isaac
BRAITHWAITE, La. (AP) — Authorities say the bodies of a man and a woman have been found in a home in the flood-ravaged Louisiana community of Braithwaite.
Billy Nungesser, president of Louisiana’s Plaquemine Parish, said deputies went out to search for the couple Thursday evening after someone reported the man and woman had apparently not escaped the flooding there after Hurricane Isaac pummeled the Gulf Coast.
Authorities said the discovery raises the death toll from Isaac to at least four in Louisiana and Mississippi.
Nungesser says the bodies have been sent to a coroner’s office, where autopsies will be performed. Their names were not immediately released.
Dozens had been rescued from their homes after floodwaters swamped Braithwaite during Isaac’s storm surge earlier this week.
This article was provided by The Associated Press. (Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview