Deputies: Man found dead near Rockingham Co. power substation
11651 NC 770 in Eden (Google Maps)
WENTWORTH, N.C. — Deputies said a man was found dead and it appears he was electrocuted while possibly trying to steal copper wiring Wednesday morning in Eden.
Officials said the body of Brandon Creasy, 23, of Eden, was found around 3 a.m. near a power substation at the Virginia Solite Plant at 11651 NC 770.
Investigators said it appears he was trying to remove copper wiring near the property. Deputies said they are trying to determine if anyone else was involved in the suspected attempted theft.
Rockingham County Sheriff Sam Page said there is usually power flowing through wiring and other electrical devices and would-be metal thieves should consider the risks of their potential crimes.
Anyone with any information can call Captain George Coleman with the Pittsylvania County
Sheriff’s Office at (434) 432-7931.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Silver Alert issued for woman missing from Winston-Salem
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k