14-year-old boy arrested for drunken driving with father
MITCHELL, S.D. — South Dakota police said a 14-year-old boy who was driving drunk has been arrested, along with his father, who sat intoxicated in the passenger seat.
The Daily Republic reported Saturday that the boy and his 49-year-old father were arrested shortly after midnight Aug. 5 on Interstate 90 near Mount Vernon. The two are from Mitchell, about 14 miles east.
Police caught the vehicle after receiving reports the boy was driving.
The boy’s blood-alcohol content level was 0.165, more than twice the legal limit to drive. He was arrested for drunken driving, while his father was arrested on charges of contributing to the delinquency of a minor and having an open alcohol container in a vehicle.
Both are out on bond and scheduled to appear in court later this month.
Credit: The Associated Press.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- Randolph Co. middle school employee accused of sending obscene images to teenage girl
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k