Tons of beer spill onto I-85 in Gaston Co.
Crews had to clean up 43,000 pounds of beer that spilled on I-85 Friday in Gaston County. (WSOC)
GASTON, N.C. — Authorities said tons of beer spilled onto Interstate 85 in Gaston County after a car spun out in the rain and crashed head-on with a tractor-trailer.
Police said crews spent more than five hours Friday night cleaning up the mess after a tractor-trailer hauling nearly 43,000 pounds of beer crashed into a support beam of a bridge over I-85.
Police say no one was injured in the crash, other than scrapes and bruises.
The shipping company says the beer will go to the dump. Insurance will cover the cost.
Police say the car’s driver was cited for driving unsafe for the road conditions.
The wreck caused major traffic delays.
Credit: The Associated Press.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- Kids react to a Walkman, make everyone feel old