Third round of Wyndham Championship sells out
Sergio Garcia, of Spain, watches a tee shot from the second tee during the third round of the Wyndham Championship golf tournament Saturday in Greensboro. (AP Photo/Gerry Broome)
GREENSBORO, N.C. — All available tickets for the third round of the 73rd annual Wyndham Championship have been sold, organizers said Saturday afternoon.
This sellout reportedly marks the second consecutive year that the third round has sold out. The final round sold out in 2008, ’09, ’10 and ‘11.
Officials said advance ticket sales surged as the Wyndham field came into focus last year, and at that time, an additional 3,000 tickets were printed for the third and final rounds bringing the total number of available tickets to 28,000 each day.
Organizers said the number includes tickets for all on-course hospitality venues and grounds tickets. Officials said the same number of tickets was ordered this year so Saturday’s sellout crowd numbers 28,000 tickets sold. Limited tickets are available for tomorrow’s final round.
The Wyndham Championship was founded in 1938 and is the seventh-oldest event on the PGA TOUR. It is contested annually on the Donald Ross-designed course at Sedgefield Country Club in Greensboro.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home