N.C. A&T freshman dies after illness
Jawuan Paul Trotter
GREENSBORO, N.C. — A 21-year-old North Carolina A&T State University student died Saturday after officials said he became ill at a school event.
Jawuan Paul Trotter was pronounced dead at Moses Cone Hospital after attending an event in the Memorial Student Union, school officials said.
“Our hearts and prayers go out to the Trotter family” said Chancellor Harold L. Martin Sr. “The Aggie family is deeply saddened by this tragic loss.”
School officials said Trotter was a freshman undeclared major from Charlotte.
The university said it is prepared to provide counseling for students and employees from 2 –to 5 pm Saturday and Sunday in Room 109 of Murphy Hall.
No other details surrounding Trotter’s death were released.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home