Internet expands in Rockingham County
ROCKINGHAM CO., N.C. — Broadband is expanding in Rockingham County and at Massey Creek Farms, Garland McCollum is selling eggs, lamb and pork at area farmer’s markets and over the internet.
“We have to have a lot of electronic contact with them and the broadband has allowed us to do that easier and faster and less expensive than satellite,” McCollum said.
The Rockingham County Business and Technology Center said about 90 percent of Rockingham County residents now have access to the internet. Executive Director Mark Wells said high speed internet is necessary for any successful business.
“I can’t imagine doing anything without it. i use it for business and i use it at home,” Wells said.
The Rockingham County Business and Technology Center said it will continue to pursue internet providers to increase the coverage area to 100 percent.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home