Couple wins dream wedding in Kernersville
KERNERSVILLE, N.C. — A couple who have a 2-year-old son with cancer won a dream wedding in Kernersville thanks to some very generous strangers.
Josh Helmly married Megan Southern after the couple won a contest where professionals were looking to give away a free wedding to the most deserving couple.
The two were engaged for two years but said they had to postpone their wedding twice because of their child. Jackson was born with a rare disease and later diagnosed with liver cancer.
The couple said they then heard of the wedding contest and decided to sign up.
Their winning wedding included a venue at Harmon House in Kernersville, flowers, cake, food, wedding bands, the tuxes, a photographer and videographer and more. And it was all donated. The prize package was worth about $20,000.
“There are no words for it. I’m so grateful,” Megan said. “There are no words that could explain how grateful I am.”
Jackson’s cancer is in remission but he is on dialysis 13 hours a day. Sources said he will undergo a kidney transplant once an organ match is found.
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK