Burlington man shot inadvertently during home burglary
BURLINGTON, N.C. — Alamance Regional Medical Center treated a 19-year-old man shot during a burglary early Saturday, police said.
James Jenkins, of North St. John Street, told Burlington police officers that he had been shot during a burglary at his home.
One of two men also in the home at the time of the burglary said he gained control of a firearm and shot at the suspects. Police said the rounds inadvertently struck Jenkins. The suspects then fled.
Anyone with information can contact Burlington police at 229-3500 or Crime Stoppers at 229-7100.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave