Burlington woman injured when car hits utility pole, flips
The 1000 block of North Mebane Street in Burlington. (Google Maps)
BURLINGTON, N.C. — A Burlington woman was taken to the hospital after her car struck a utility pole Wednesday night.
Police said Tiffany Shea Longest Tidwell, of Clapp Street, was driving a green Chevrolet Prism west in the 1000 block of North Mebane Street when a gold Honda veered into her lane shortly before 10 p.m.
The veering Honda caused Tidwell to drive off the right side of the road, at which point her vehicle struck a utility pole and then flipped onto its side.
Tidwell was trapped in her car until rescuers were able to extract her, police said. She was then taken to Alamance Regional Medical Center by ambulance.
Tidwell’s condition is not known.
Police said there was no further description of the Honda that veered into Tidwell’s lane.
No other details were provided.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault