Former Catawba College soccer coach indicted
Ralph William Wager, 69, of Charlotte.
SALISBURY, N.C. — Former Catawba College soccer coach Ralph Wager has been indicted on nine charges of having sex with a child more than 20 years ago.
Wager was arrested last month on charges of first-degree child sex offense, taking indecent liberties with a child and crimes against nature.The Rowan County Grand Jury returned the indictments earlier this week.
Authorities say the 69-year-old suspect met his accuser between 1987 and 1989 when Wager was Catawba’s soccer coach. The youth was involved in another sports activity on the campus.
The accuser is now in his 30s.
Prosecutors have said the accuser’s mother contacted the school after learning of the alleged abuse.
Investigators say they think some of the abuse may have happened in a house and office Wager had on the college campus.
Source: The Associated Press
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- The Ultimate Warrior's cause of death revealed in autopsy