Surry Arts Council hosting event next month to honor Andy Griffith
MOUNT AIRY, N.C. — A free event hoping to honor the memory of Andy Griffith is planned to take place September 30th in Mount Airy.
Officials said it takes place from 9:30 to 11 a.m. at Blackmon Amphitheatre at Rockford and Spring Street across from the Andy Griffith Playhouse and will feature music and entertainment.
Griffith was an actor, television producer, Grammy Award-winning Southern-gospel singer, and writer who was born in Mount Airy and died July 3 from a heart attack at age 86.
Call the Surry Arts Council at (336) 786-7998 or visit www.surryarts.org for more information.
Editor’s note: WGHP originally indicated the event would be held this Sunday, August 5th. This was incorrect and we apologize for the error.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- Randolph Co. middle school employee accused of sending obscene images to teenage girl
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k