Police: 9-month-old child killed in Lexington wreck
LEXINGTON, N.C. — Police said a 9-month-old child was killed in a single-vehicle car wreck Monday morning in Lexington.
Police said 27-year-old Chrystal Nicole Tanksley ran off the right side of Raleigh Road around 3:47 a.m. and struck a utility pole, coming to a stop near the E-Z Car Wash at 700 Raleigh Road.
Police said her only passenger was 9-month-old Zakeri A Mouzon who was pronounced dead shortly after being taken to Lexington Medical Center.
Police said the investigation is ongoing and they are still trying to determine what caused the wreck.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Silver Alert issued for woman missing from Winston-Salem
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k