Greensboro police starting special unit for victims
GREENSBORO, N.C. — The Greensboro Police Department is the first of its kind in North Carolina to start a Family Victim’s Unit, bringing detectives investigating sexual assaults, crimes against children and domestic violence under the same roof working side by side.
The Family Victims Unit also includes services to help people understand their rights and get counseling.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault