Roy’s Folks: The Mayberry Trading Post
With the passing of Andy Griffith there has been a lot of talk about the Andy Griffith Show and how much of the show’s inspiration came from his childhood home of Mount Airy. But the idea for the show’s mythical town of Mayberry may have come from another real life place just a little farther north near the Blue Ridge Parkway.
Roy Ackland reports.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home