Roy’s Folks: The Mayberry Trading Post
With the passing of Andy Griffith there has been a lot of talk about the Andy Griffith Show and how much of the show’s inspiration came from his childhood home of Mount Airy. But the idea for the show’s mythical town of Mayberry may have come from another real life place just a little farther north near the Blue Ridge Parkway.
Roy Ackland reports.
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK