Update: Suspect identified, sought in Burlington break-in

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Jamarius Kadaviondre King, 18

BURLINGTON, N.C. — An 18-year-old man is wanted in connection with a Burlington break-in that happened earlier this month.

On July 15, police responded to a home break-in at 2900 Crouse Lane around 3 p.m.

Upon arrival, officers determined an unknown male entered the home when no one was home.

The residents, upon returning home, disrupted the crime in progress, police said. While attempting to flee, the suspect assaulted a juvenile resident that lives in the home. The juvenile was not seriously injured.

The suspect stole property from the home and was last seen running south.

On Tuesday, warrants were obtained for Jamarius Kadaviondre King, 18, of 291 Brintle Road in Reidsville. When arrested, King will be charged with breaking and entering, larceny after breaking and entering, injury to real property and assault on a child under 12-years-old.

Police said additional charges involving a second suspect are possible.

The case is still under investigation.

Anyone who has information or knows the whereabouts of King is asked to contact the Burlington Police Department at 336-229-3500.