Man released from jail re-arrested for refusing to leave
WENTWORTH, N.C. — A man released from jail on Saturday was re-arrested within hours after refusing to leave the sheriff’s office.
Rodney Dwayne Valentine, 37, was arrested for injury to personal property on May 22. He was released from the Rockingham County Jail on Saturday around 8 a.m.
Around 1 p.m., Valentine was still at the Rockingham County Sheriff’s Office and was demanding deputies transport him to a local motel. Deputies told the man to find other transportation or to hire a cab.
Valentine declined to find alternate transportation and began refusing to the leave the property. After being warned several times, deputies re-arrested Valentine for second degree trespassing and placed him back in jail under a $500 secured bond.
He is scheduled to appear in court on August 9.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault