•3 tablespoons finely chopped onion (I use green onions but you can use your favorite)
•2 cloves garlic (the larger the better) minced
•3 large ripe tomatoes, peeled and diced (to peel blanche in boiling water and the peeling comes right off)
•2 or 3 hot peppers (Jalapeno) finely chopped
- 2 or 3 sweet hot banana peppers chopped
•1 bunch cilantro chopped (about ½ to 1 cup)
- 1 bunch basil (about ½ cup)
- 2 T tomato paste
•1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons lime juice
•salt and pepper
Combine all ingredients and mix well. Refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours to blend flavors. I sometimes double… even triple this recipe.
Makes about 2 cups of salsa.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave