On Your Side: Fake Bills Scam
We want to pay our bills on time, but what happens when you get a bill from a company you’ve never heard of, or a business you’ve never hired?
It’s happening to hundreds of small businesses like Leon’s Salon and Beauty school in Greensboro.
FOX8’s On Your Side Consumer reporter Melissa Painter investigates and found some invoices aren’t exactly what they seem.
You can file complaints about advertizing practices with the North Carolina Attorney General at www.ncdoj.gov or by calling 1-877-5-NO-SCAM
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants