Lawns suffering from the lack of rain this summer may just need to relax and renew with a beer. And a pop. And some mouthwash.
Those are three of the five common household ingredients in a recipe that's said to keep your yard at its peak.
According to WiseBread.com, the recipe comes from former golf course groundskeeper Tim Heffron.
- 1 full can of regular pop (not diet)
- 1 full (12 oz.) can of beer (not light beer)
- 1/2 cup of liquid dishwashing soap (do not use antibacterial dishwashing liquid)
- 1/2 cup household ammonia
- 1/2 cup of mouthwash
- Pour into 10-gallon hose-end sprayer (other sizes will work too).
- In high heat, apply every three weeks.