Program gives inexpensive housing to families of hospital patients
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Many families who travel far from home to be with loved ones who are in need of specialized medical care turn to the Ronald McDonald House for a place to stay, but that program is specifically for families with seriously-ill children.
A new facility in Winston-Salem is filling the needs of families with adult patients, as FOX8’s Julie Luck shows us in this week’s Inspired Living.
The SECU Family House costs as little as $10 a night and costs no more than $35 a night. About 1,500 people have taken advantage of the program since it began about ten months ago.
For more information about the program, visit www.familyhousews.org.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault