Hummingbird lets Winston-Salem man carry him between flowers
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Chris Pope developed a unique friendship while tending to his plants outside his apartment.
You can see in this edition of Roy’s Folks that Pope isn’t the only one who cares about the welfare of his plants.
“There he goes… A little shy,” Pope said, referring to the hummingbird that rests on Pope’s finger as he carries him from one flower to the next.
Pope said he was laid off from his job one day and was watching the hummingbird as it fluttered between plants when he decided to introduce himself.
“I was sitting here and I looked up and he was on there and I’m thinking: ‘You know I am going to try and get as close as I can,’” Pope said. “So I stood up and put my finger up under him and he just landed on my finger. And the rest is history.”
For several consecutive days, Pope said the same hummingbird would perch on his finger while accomplishing its daily tasks for Mother Nature. Eventually, it even let him pet it.
“I am petting a hummingbird,” Pope said. “I can’t believe I’m petting a little hummingbird — It sent chills through my spine.”
Pope said this is the second year hummingbirds have come back to his plants.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- Randolph Co. middle school employee accused of sending obscene images to teenage girl
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k