NC man demands Paris Hilton marriage during police standoff
61-year-old Fredrick Denney
BELMONT, N.C. — Police said a man barricaded himself inside a hotel room, demanding pizza and a marriage to Paris Hilton during a police standoff Saturday in Belmont.
WSOC reported that 61-year-old Fredrick Denny threatened to shoot at police unless they met his demands during a standoff that lasted several hours at the Hampton Inn.
Officials said he was pepper-sprayed, arrested and taken to a hospital for a mental evaluation. Authorities said the hotel’s second floor was temporarily shut down.
Officials said Denny had also apparently caused a disturbance at the hotel earlier in the day.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault