NC man demands Paris Hilton marriage during police standoff
61-year-old Fredrick Denney
BELMONT, N.C. — Police said a man barricaded himself inside a hotel room, demanding pizza and a marriage to Paris Hilton during a police standoff Saturday in Belmont.
WSOC reported that 61-year-old Fredrick Denny threatened to shoot at police unless they met his demands during a standoff that lasted several hours at the Hampton Inn.
Officials said he was pepper-sprayed, arrested and taken to a hospital for a mental evaluation. Authorities said the hotel’s second floor was temporarily shut down.
Officials said Denny had also apparently caused a disturbance at the hotel earlier in the day.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train