Childhood memories of Andy Griffith
MOUNT AIRY, N.C. – For years, people pondered over whether or not Mount Airy was the inspiration for the small southern town depicted in the Andy Griffith Show. It wasn’t until 2002, when the show’s star, visited his hometown and revealed the true inspiration for Mayberry.
Chad Tucker reports.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault