Ashley furniture accepting applications in Davie Co.
DAVIE COUNTY, N.C. – A local furniture manufacturer will begin hiring after a multi-million dollar purchase near Advance and Smith Grove.
The Winston-Salem Journal reported on Monday, that Ashley Furniture Industries is now accepting applications for its Davie County facilities, following a $10.4 million land purchase.
On June 22, Ashley purchased 320-acres of land from Asheboro business man, Jeff Shwartz,
Terry Bralley, President of the Davie County Economic Development Commission told the Winston-Salem Journal, Ashley has already hired a Human Resources officer that is familiar with Davie County.
Ashley is expected to hire 550 employees by 2016 and has already posted several jobs on their website.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home