Burlington woman dead after 3-car wreck
BURLINGTON, N.C. — Officials said an elderly woman died after a 3-vehicle car wreck Wednesday afternoon in Burlington.
Virginia White Brown, 94, of Burlington, died after the after a head-on collision with two other vehicles around 3 p.m. at the intersection of Huffman Mill Road and University Drive, officials said.
Authorities said a Brown was a passenger in a Lexus headed west that went through the intersection, striking the other two cars.
Witnesses told police the 70-year-old male driving the Lexus may have been unconscious at the time.
Brown was pronounced dead after being airlifted to UNC Hospitals in Chapel Hill, police said.
Police said the Lexus’ driver was listed in stable condition at Alamance Regional Medical Center. The drivers of the other vehicles were not seriously injured.
Police said the Lexus and one of the other vehicles were totaled and about $1,000 in damage was done to the other.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault