Despite being ‘a kid,’ Harrison Rhodes impressing many on track
Many see Harrison Rhodes walk around the Bowman Gray Stadium garage area and think ‘he’s just a kid.’ Well, he may only be 18-years-old and a recent graduate of Ledford High School, but he can drive a race car like someone with much more experience.
Harrison’s father Gene remembers when his son got hooked on racing at 10-years-old.
Rhodes has been moving up to the Legends cars, the late models and the pro cup. Recently, was preparing for his debut in the NASCAR K&N East Series at this prestigious track in Winston-Salem.
Harrison stayed out of trouble and accomplished his goal. He finished fourth in the race.
Harrison, who attends Green Street Baptist Church, hopes to use racing as a platform to tell others about his faith.
Harrison will start at High Point University this fall.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave