DUI arrest leads to bizarre mug shot
Kelsey Smith stuck out his tongue as an official held his head still for his mug shot. (Volusia Co. Sheriff's Office)
DELTONA, Fl. — Authorities said a Central Florida man suspected of drunk driving smashed his own face and spit blood at deputies after they used a stun gun on him.
Volusia County Sheriff’s deputies say they eventually put a “spit hood” over 29-year-old Kelsey Smith. They say Smith even fought back while his mug shot was being taken after his Tuesday arrest.
The Orlando Sentinel reports Smith stuck out his tongue as an official held his head still for the photo.
Deputies say Smith’s eyes were bloodshot and glassy and his speech was slurred when they found him behind the wheel of his vehicle at an intersection in Deltona. He refused to budge when a deputy ordered him out of the vehicle. The deputy then used a stun gun on him.
Credit: The Associated Press.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview