Man charged with indecent liberties with a child at Wet n’ Wild
GREENSBORO, N.C. — A Winston-Salem man has been charged with indecent liberties with a child after an incident at Wet n’ Wild Emerald Pointe.
According to a statement released by Wet and Wild, Greensboro Police arrested Richard Segers, 25, on Wednesday after a 12-year-old girl reported he had inappropriate contact with her.
Wet n’ Wild staff called Security and Segers was detained until police arrived.
Segers is being held on a $5,000 bond and will make his first court appearance on Thursday.
Statement from Wet ‘n Wild Emerald Pointe General Manager Tony Brancazio:
“At approximately 2:30 pm, a 12 year old female guest exited the wave pool and notified a lifeguard that a male guest made inappropriate contact with her under the water. The lifeguard immediately notified park security who then detained the guest. Greensboro law enforcement arrived, interviewed all parties involved and arrested a male guest. The girl’s parents were present during the incident and appreciative with the park’s swift handling and protocol. Safety and security of our guests is always our number one priority.”
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave