Parents say girl bitten by shark at Ocean Isle Beach
OCEAN ISLE BEACH, N.C. — A girl is recovering after she was apparently bit by a shark near Ocean Isle Beach on Monday.
Suddenly, the mother noticed what she thought was a school of fish circling her daughter, but then realized the fish weren’t just playing with her daughter, but were trying to escape a shark that was chasing them.
Standing in waist deep water, Daniel called for her daughter to come back. But it was too late, the shark bit the six-year-old girl.
Daniel’s daughter was taken to a local emergency room where doctors repaired the girls wound which required 140 stitches.
Daniels daughter is now recovering and will spend the rest of the family vacation resting.
According to the mother, the family will return to Ocean Isle Beach next year, but they will have to find other ways to enjoy the beach, without getting into the water.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault