Man in wheelchair reported missing in Alamance Co.
MEBANE, N.C. — A man in a motorized wheelchair was reported missing from a family care home Tuesday in Alamance County.
Officials said Robert James Randles, 56, left the Creekview Family Care Home at 3524 Dickey Mill Road in Mebane around 3:30 p.m. and never returned.
Deputies said he travels the area in his wheelchair often and goes to a neighborhood store, but normally returns before dark.
A witness told deputies he saw Randles headed down Johnson Road around 5-6 p.m. He was reported missing at 9 p.m.
Randles is described as a white male, about 5’11” and weighing 180 pounds with brown hair and blue eyes. Deputies said he has long hair, possibly shoulder-length. He is originally from the Durham area.
Family Care Homes provide assistance for adults who need help meetin daily needs such as preparing food and housekeeping.
Anyone with any information can call the Alamance County Sheriff’s Office at (336) 570-6313.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home