Man in wheelchair reported missing in Alamance Co.
MEBANE, N.C. — A man in a motorized wheelchair was reported missing from a family care home Tuesday in Alamance County.
Officials said Robert James Randles, 56, left the Creekview Family Care Home at 3524 Dickey Mill Road in Mebane around 3:30 p.m. and never returned.
Deputies said he travels the area in his wheelchair often and goes to a neighborhood store, but normally returns before dark.
A witness told deputies he saw Randles headed down Johnson Road around 5-6 p.m. He was reported missing at 9 p.m.
Randles is described as a white male, about 5’11” and weighing 180 pounds with brown hair and blue eyes. Deputies said he has long hair, possibly shoulder-length. He is originally from the Durham area.
Family Care Homes provide assistance for adults who need help meetin daily needs such as preparing food and housekeeping.
Anyone with any information can call the Alamance County Sheriff’s Office at (336) 570-6313.
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'