Navy SEAL Marcus Luttrell was the sole survivor of Operation Redwing, the 2005 battle to capture or kill a notorious al Qaeda leader in the mountains of Afghanistan.
Luttrell said he recuperated and nursed his body and heart back to health after coming home from that fateful, star-crossed mission in Afghanistan.
Throughout this time, he wondered why he and others, from America’s founding to today, had been willing to sacrifice everything — including themselves — for the sake of family, nation, and freedom.
This morning, Luttrell joined us to talk about his new book “Lone Survivor.”
To learn more about his book, you can check out his site at: http://www.marcusluttrell.com/
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home