DOT to auction heavy-equipment in Mount Airy
Mount Airy, N.C. — The North Carolina Department of Transportation will auction over 200 pieces of used equipment at the Veterans Memorial Park on Wednesday.
Tractors, pick-up trucks and backhoes will be up for auction. On Tuesday, DOT provided a preview for interested buyers and Quentin Brown liked what he saw.
“Everything out here has been taken care of. It’s been serviced, you will get a good deal — come on out and buy,” said Brown.
DOT supervisior Jim Adams says on average the auctions bring in $1 million.
“It’s an auction,” said Adams, “that money rolls back into our equipment unit to purchase new equipment”
Registration begins at 8 a.m. with the auction beginning at 9 a.m. Wednesday morning.
All purchases must be paid in full by cashier’s check, money order or cash. All equipment is sold “as is” and all sales are final.
People interested in an online preview of items up do auction can visit the auctions website.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home