Tanglewood Park to host fireworks celebration
CLEMMONS, N.C. — The Fourth of July fireworks celebrations are back on at Tanglewood Park.
Tanglewood Park officials said last month that Forsyth County had cancelled the fireworks show because it became too expensive for them to handle alone.
Three companies — Winston-Salem Credit Union, Piedmont Advantage Credit Union and the Winston-Salem Journal — are co-sponsoring the event.
Each of the companies is donating $5,000 to cover the cost of the fireworks show, said Damon Sanders-Pratt, the assistant county manager.
County officials said the gates to the steeplechase track at Tanglewood would open at 5 p.m. July 4, so that people could begin picnicking before the fireworks display.
The fireworks show is planned to start around 9:30 p.m. Admission is $5 per car or $10 per bus or motor coach.
County officials said that if it rains on July 4 the event may be rescheduled for 9:30 p.m. July 5. That decision won’t be made until July 4.
For more information, visit www.forsyth.cc/parks/tanglewood/
The Winston-Salem Journal contributed to this report.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave