Summer lunch program
One in four North Carolina kids are food insecure. In other words, they’re not getting the quality or quantity of good food to eat. Last year, 770,000 NC kids were on free and reduced lunch, and the need continues over summer break.
Fox 8′s Nicole Ferguson tells us about local USDA funded feeding sites, and how parents can get their children the healthy meals they need when they’re out of school this summer.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it