Summer lunch program
One in four North Carolina kids are food insecure. In other words, they’re not getting the quality or quantity of good food to eat. Last year, 770,000 NC kids were on free and reduced lunch, and the need continues over summer break.
Fox 8′s Nicole Ferguson tells us about local USDA funded feeding sites, and how parents can get their children the healthy meals they need when they’re out of school this summer.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- Kids react to a Walkman, make everyone feel old