Man dies in Greensboro wreck fleeing police
GREENSBORO, N.C. — One man is dead after police said a car ran off the road and struck a tree during a police chase Wednesday morning in Greensboro.
Zsarr McCoy, 37, of Greensboro, was found dead at the scene inside the car about .3 miles from North Holden Road, deputies said.
Police said they spotted a white Dodge Neon driving recklessly near West Market Street and Chapman Street around 5:20 a.m.
Police said the car ran two red lights and continued driving carelessly. Police said they tried pulling the driver over but lost contact with him after he sped off west on Market Street.
Officers said they discovered the car lost control and ran off the roadway, struck a tree and came to a stop about 30 feet down an embankment.
West Market Street had been closed off Wednesday morning but has since been reopened.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with any information can call Crime Stoppers at (336) 373-1000.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants