Man dies in Greensboro wreck fleeing police
GREENSBORO, N.C. — One man is dead after police said a car ran off the road and struck a tree during a police chase Wednesday morning in Greensboro.
Zsarr McCoy, 37, of Greensboro, was found dead at the scene inside the car about .3 miles from North Holden Road, deputies said.
Police said they spotted a white Dodge Neon driving recklessly near West Market Street and Chapman Street around 5:20 a.m.
Police said the car ran two red lights and continued driving carelessly. Police said they tried pulling the driver over but lost contact with him after he sped off west on Market Street.
Officers said they discovered the car lost control and ran off the roadway, struck a tree and came to a stop about 30 feet down an embankment.
West Market Street had been closed off Wednesday morning but has since been reopened.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with any information can call Crime Stoppers at (336) 373-1000.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview