Mommy Matters: Summer Learning Gap
Summer vacation is a vital time to build kids’ reading skills. Children who don’t maintain these key skills over the summer are likely to start the upcoming school year at a disadvantage.
This morning, Senior Vice President of PBS Children’s media Lesli Rotenberg joined us to talk about the issue.
For more information about PBS kids’ programs, check out this site: http://pbskids.org/
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants