Man pleads guilty in wreck that killed NC toddler
ORLANDO, Fla. — A central Florida man has pleaded guilty in a drunken driving crash that left a North Carolina toddler dead.
John Molnar pleaded guilty Friday to several counts, including DUI manslaughter, DUI with serious bodily injury and cocaine possession. He faces up to 15 years in prison at his Aug. 1 sentencing.
Authorities say Molnar, 39, had a blood alcohol level of 0.133 percent in August 2009 when he crashed his vehicle into a family’s rented car. Three days after the crash, 3-year-old Isabella Zepka was taken off life support and died. Her older brother Alexander’s skull was fractured, but he survived.
The Orlando Sentinel reports that the family, which is from Durham, had been returning from SeaWorld when the crash occurred.
Credit: The Associated Press.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview