Police: Students face charges after setting off fireworks
Naasi El-Bey and Damias McNair (WSOC)
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Two teenagers were arrested after police said they set off fireworks at their high school campus, injuring six students Thursday morning in Charlotte.
WSOC reported that Naasi El-Bey and Damias McNair were with possession of fireworks and possession a weapon on school grounds.
The small explosives set off the smoke alarms at Vance High School and the students were forced to evacuate, WSOC reported.
The students received minor injuries. Police said the fireworks damaged a floor inside the building.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault