Record crowd of 10,229 attend UNC/NC State game in Greensboro
GREENSBORO, N.C. — A record number of 10,229 people attended the ACC baseball tournament between UNC and NC State Saturday night at NewBridge Bank Park in Greensboro.
ACC officials said it is the biggest crowd for college baseball in North Carolina history. The game sold out 20 minutes before starting.
While no tickets were available, that didn’t stop some fans from making the most of the situation. A scalper outside the stadium was selling tickets for $30 after the game started.
North Carolina beat the Wolfpack 4-0 in the 12th inning.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home