Record crowd of 10,229 attend UNC/NC State game in Greensboro
GREENSBORO, N.C. — A record number of 10,229 people attended the ACC baseball tournament between UNC and NC State Saturday night at NewBridge Bank Park in Greensboro.
ACC officials said it is the biggest crowd for college baseball in North Carolina history. The game sold out 20 minutes before starting.
While no tickets were available, that didn’t stop some fans from making the most of the situation. A scalper outside the stadium was selling tickets for $30 after the game started.
North Carolina beat the Wolfpack 4-0 in the 12th inning.
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK