Body of Va. man found floating at NC marina
CAMDEN, N.C. (AP) — The body of a Virginia man has been found floaing at a marina in North Carolina.
The Camden County sheriff’s office is investigating the death of 49-year-old Michael Calabrese of Norfolk, Va.
Sheriff Tony Perry says Calabrese’s body was found floating near his boat at Lamb’s Marina around 2:30 p.m. Thursday.
Calabrese had rented a slip about a month ago and was staying on a boat at the marina.
An autopsy is being performed to determine the cause of death. Calabrese and his girlfriend had been rescued from his boat during Hurricane Irene last August.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault