Woman’s body found in car beside road in Guilford County
GUILFORD COUNTY, N.C. — Deputies are investigating after a woman’s body was discovered in a car on the side of the road Thursday in Guilford County.
Col. Randy Powers with the Guilford County Sheriff’s Office said two construction workers stumbled upon the silver Oldsmobile Alero on the side of Huffine Mill Road early Thursday morning.
Inside, authorities found the body of a Hispanic woman who appeared to be in her 20s, Powers said. Investigators have not positively identified the body.
Powers said investigators are not yet sure how the woman died. He said there was no damage to the car.
As of noon, authorities were still blocking a portion of Huffine Mill Road at Dicks Mill Road.
Anyone with further information is asked to call Crimestoppers at (336) 373-1000.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave