Old-timey Forsyth Co. hardware store sells just about everything
Keith Mabe went to Webster Brothers Hardware Co. Inc. in Walkertown on April 30 to buy tomato plants. (Credit: DAVID ROLFE/JOURNAL)
WALKERTOWN, N.C. — Customers compare Webster Brothers Hardware Co. Inc. to the bar in the TV show “Cheers” — a place where everybody knows your name.
Henry Sell of Winston-Salem, a regular customer, has been buying products ranging from bolts and washers to grass seed at the store for 50 years.
Everyone who works in the store is polite, he said.
“You don’t have to stand around and wait,” he said. “Just anything you want, they have it — everything but groceries.”
Home-improvement supercenters are everywhere now, making it more difficult to find old-timey hardware stores.
This article was written by Fran Daniel and originally published by The Winston-Salem Journal. Click here to read the full story.
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.