Old-timey Forsyth Co. hardware store sells just about everything
Keith Mabe went to Webster Brothers Hardware Co. Inc. in Walkertown on April 30 to buy tomato plants. (Credit: DAVID ROLFE/JOURNAL)
WALKERTOWN, N.C. — Customers compare Webster Brothers Hardware Co. Inc. to the bar in the TV show “Cheers” — a place where everybody knows your name.
Henry Sell of Winston-Salem, a regular customer, has been buying products ranging from bolts and washers to grass seed at the store for 50 years.
Everyone who works in the store is polite, he said.
“You don’t have to stand around and wait,” he said. “Just anything you want, they have it — everything but groceries.”
Home-improvement supercenters are everywhere now, making it more difficult to find old-timey hardware stores.
This article was written by Fran Daniel and originally published by The Winston-Salem Journal. Click here to read the full story.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it