Suspect sought in Burlington assault and robbery
BURLINGTON, N.C. — Police are looking for a suspect after they said a man was beaten and robbed Wednesday night in Burlington.
The 25-year-old male victim said he was walking on Lane Street near Rauhut Street around 10 p.m. when the assault occurred.
He told police a man ran up to him, struck him in the face with a handgun and stole an undisclosed amount of money. The suspect then got into a dark Honda and took off, he said.
Police said a friend of the victim took him to Alamance Regional Medical Center for minor injuries.
The suspect is described as a white male in his late 20s with a black handgun, in a dark colored Honda occupied by a black male.
The investigation is ongoing and no other details were released.
Anyone with any information can call the Burlington Police Department at (336) 229-3500 or the Alamance County Crime Stoppers (336) 229-7100.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview