Horrific baby abuse video goes viral one year later
A horrific video of a woman slapping, beating and punch a crying baby has gone viral – a year after she was arrested and jailed for the abuse.
Video of the Malaysian woman attacking and repeatedly striking the child with a pillow was filmed last year, but was recently re-posted on YouTube and Facebook.
The video has been shared thousands of times prompting many people to contact FOX8 and other media organizations demanding the woman be found and charged.
The Royal Malaysia Police received hundreds of complaints about the video. On Thursday, police posted a statement on their official Facebook page, reassuring concerned citizens action had been taken.
In the statement, police said the case was reported to authorities on May 29, 2011. The woman was arrested and sentenced to 18 months in prison.
Police said they had received “nearly 300 complaints and comments from the public concerned about the fate of the baby.”
FOX8 has chosen not to embed the video mentioned in this story. The video was posted on YouTube, however it has since been removed.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview