Two motorcyclists killed in Va. crash
STEPHENSON, Va. — Virginia State Police say two West Virginia residents have died after their motorcycle being pursued by a trooper struck a minivan in northern Virginia.
Media outlets report the victims are identified as 26-year-old Jared R. Toothman and 21-year-old Janalee C. McGrane, both of Capon Bridge, W.Va.
State police spokeswoman Corinne Geller says a trooper attempted to stop the motorcycle on northbound Interstate 81, but the motorcycle sped off and a chase ensued. The motorcycle went through three red lights on U.S. 11 in Frederick County before it struck the minivan at an intersection. The pair were thrown from the motorcycle and were pronounced dead at the scene.
Two adults and four children in the minivan were treated at a hospital for minor injuries.
Friday night’s accident remains under investigation.
Credit: The Associated Press
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants