Blumenthal’s clothing store to close after 86 years in Greensboro
GREENSBORO, N.C. — Blumenthal’s — a popular “Big & Tall” clothing store that’s called Greensboro its home for nearly nine decades — will soon be closing its doors for good.
Owner Bob Blumenthal said Monday that serious health issues have forced him to make the decision, which comes 86 years after his family first opened the store in downtown Greensboro. After 79 years downtown, the store was relocated to 4620 West Market St.
The store currently has a “going out of business” sale, which features many items at discounts as high as 40 and 50 percent off.
The store can be reached at 851-5999.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home