Recipe: Strawberries and Dandelion Greens
1 ounce dandelion greens
1 ounce baby spinach
1/2 ounce extra virgin olive oil
1/2 ounce balsamic vinegar
1 ounce Strawberry Coulis (see recipe)
1 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted
1 ounce Housemade Ricotta Cheese (see recipe)
1/2 ounce sliced strawberries.
In a mixing bowl, combine greens, spinach, oil, vinegar and coulis. Mix well.
Remove to a serving plate.
Top with almonds, cheese and sliced strawberries.
Makes – 1 serving
1 pound fresh strawberries
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 pound sugar
1 teaspoon corn starch
1 teaspoon Jim Beam bourbon
Rinse and hull strawberries and allow to dry completely.
In a bowl, combine berries with salt and sugar and let sit covered for two hours.
Scrape strawberry mixture into a sauce pan and bring to a simmer.
Simmer gently for 12 minutes, while skimming any foam and stirring with a spatula.
Stir together bourbon and corn starch and add to berry mixture; simmer three more minutes.
Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
Puree in blender and then strain through a chinois.
Makes: 3 cups
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants