Recipe: Strawberries and Dandelion Greens
1 ounce dandelion greens
1 ounce baby spinach
1/2 ounce extra virgin olive oil
1/2 ounce balsamic vinegar
1 ounce Strawberry Coulis (see recipe)
1 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted
1 ounce Housemade Ricotta Cheese (see recipe)
1/2 ounce sliced strawberries.
In a mixing bowl, combine greens, spinach, oil, vinegar and coulis. Mix well.
Remove to a serving plate.
Top with almonds, cheese and sliced strawberries.
Makes – 1 serving
1 pound fresh strawberries
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 pound sugar
1 teaspoon corn starch
1 teaspoon Jim Beam bourbon
Rinse and hull strawberries and allow to dry completely.
In a bowl, combine berries with salt and sugar and let sit covered for two hours.
Scrape strawberry mixture into a sauce pan and bring to a simmer.
Simmer gently for 12 minutes, while skimming any foam and stirring with a spatula.
Stir together bourbon and corn starch and add to berry mixture; simmer three more minutes.
Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
Puree in blender and then strain through a chinois.
Makes: 3 cups
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train