Recipe: Rhubarbecue Sauce
1 2/3 pounds rhubarb
2 cups apple cider vinegar
2/3 cup water
3 1/3 cups light brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Clean and chop rhubarb.
Combine all ingredients in a sauce pot and simmer for 30-45 minutes or until rhubarb is completely soft.
Puree in blender and strain through a medium-hole strainer.
Place puree in a sauce pot and simmer until dime size bubbles appear.
Makes – 1 quart
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault