Recipe: Beef Tips & Roasted Tomato Cream Pasta
6 ounces beef tips, 1” cubes
Salt & pepper to taste
1/2 cup quartered cremini mushrooms
1 fluid ounce canola oil
7 ounces cooked whole wheat linguine
3 fluid ounces Tomato Cream Sauce (see recipe)
1 ounce dandelion greens
2 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
Heat sauté pan until very hot (no oil); add mushrooms and sauté until they squeak.
Season beef tips with salt & pepper.
Drizzle oil over mushrooms and begin to sauté. Add beef tips to smoking hot pan.
Sauté until beef is browned all over (should be medium temperature).
Add sauce and heated pasta to pan; toss until heated through.
Remove from heat and add dandelion greens.
Serve in a hot pasta bowl with a garnish of Parmesan.
Serves – 1
Tomato Cream Sauce
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
16 ounces canned tomato filets
2 cups heavy cream
Combine oil, salt and pepper in a bowl.
Drain tomatoes in a colander. Add tomatoes to oil mixture and toss to coat well.
Transfer tomatoes to a sheet tray and roast in a moderate oven until edges are browned.
Puree tomatoes in a blender and then place in a sauce pot.
Add cream and stir to combine.
Cook sauce over medium heat until it begins to thicken – about 20 minutes.
Makes – 1 quart
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home